Dilemma

You know that feeling when you feel like writing but you just don't know what to write about exactly? (Noticed how I used the word 'feeling' and 'write' twice and now thrice?) I'm not talking about updating this blog or about my column. It's just that I used to write a lot before; poems, thoughts, stories, book reviews, etc but I've gave up on that now and I hate myself for it.When I really think about it, I realize that I've adored writing only because it helped me take my mind off things; kept me busy and occupied as long as I have fingers moving and there are words on the paper. With having days off for the past 2 weeks, not only have I been careless but I've spent most my days and nights in front of the TV screen. I've watched movies, shows, and a lot of news channels that had to do with Egypt's revolution.

There's just too much going on in the world and I hate how we're not giving them any support. You'd see some of us Arabs blaming those young people who gave up on everything and sacrificed their lives in order to have a dignified living when others out there call this destruction and causing chaos and disruption. I'm not one to get into politics but to see all these protesters holding on for more than 2 weeks is truly magnificent and utterly inspiring for all of us here. It's more than mere pleas of help; it has a lot to do with claiming ones' rights and speaking up their mind no matter how dangerous it is.

The past weeks have never been easy on the Egyptians in Tahrir square; they've fought mobs, thugs, tear gases, bullets, hunger, discomfort amongst other things. All of this to let their voices heard to those who have forgotten how to listen and might never will. Such heartless people exist everywhere but it didn't stop the protesters from doing what they believe to be life-changing to live decently and in peace once again.

Last night's interview with the detained (Head of Marketing at Google in the Middle East and Africa) Wael Ghonim gave a new meaning to the revolution. He was arrested by the Egyptian military for 12 days and have been blindfolded for that amount of time. Ghonim was released only last night and this was his interview with Mona, a show presenter on Dream TV 2; Part 1, 2, 3 and the emotional, tensed final part of the interview here if you've missed it:


0 comments: