Before You Know it

Time passes by like lightning. Before you know it, you’re struck down.

The same quote applies to my situation. I’ve been on a two weeks break and before it, I had all sort of plans to make the most of it, and guess what? I’ve only accomplished two of them:

1. Re-read The Deathly Hallows.
2. Write and finish a story [Shattered Hope]

~ It was planned that I’d get to attend the Disabled home-care centre, where I’d help out for 2 weeks, but I had transportation problems so that ruined the whole thing.

~ Visit our Quran’s school and help in teaching. The same above reason prevented me from doing so.

Also, start working on Harry Potter’s fanfiction starting from this section, precisely:

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Chapter: Beyond the veil
Page: 710

Scene:

At the department of mysteries where Harry had fallen into the impression that Sirius was locked up with the Death Eaters on Voldemort’s order. Harry had seen through Voldemort’s mind that someone was being tortured and the dreams he saw were all of a tall corridor leading to the door of the Department of Mysteries. It’s then when he found the prophecy that has his name on it, as a group of Death Eaters close around him, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, Neville and Luna.
I only wrote half a page and realized that I can’t compete with Rowling’s intelligence, although that’s not the point of it all, but I just created an excuse of my own, if you know what I mean.

Normally, I don’t watch TV unless a movie I’ve seen earlier is aired, so recently I got back to the habit of staring at the screen whenever.

::Movies::

Never Been Kissed
The whole story plot was lovely, and Drew pulled the young-ish look just fine. 9/10.

Fever Pitch
Basically, it was all about baseball and that was the point of the movie, till a bit of romance between Drew and her boyfriend was introduced. It’s wasn’t all that great, though. 4/10.

In Her ShoesOne of the best movies I've watched in a long time, and I wouldn't mind watching it again. Cameron Diaz shined in this movie. 10/10.

:: Shows::

The Simpson’s

Before, I couldn't watch 5 minutes of it and now I just can't get enough. I'm hooked, and you can blame Fox Series for it. It's on almost 24/7. Also, I watched it's movie and meanwhile, Fox series had the Simpson's series on. See? It's not my fault.

Make It Or Break It
It's a shame that it's on every other Thursday

American Idol
I don't know why I've started following it since day #1, as I've never been a fan of the show. Anyways, I think Lee has what it takes to win it, besides his hotness, of course :P





Though I don't believe in the whole Valentine's Day crap, I'm looking forward to the movie! Just take a look at all the stars cast!

Starring: Bradley Cooper, Jessica Alba, Anne Hathaway, Julia Roberts, Ashton Kutcher, Jessica Biel, Jennifer Garner, Emma Roberts, Joe Jonas, Topher Grace, Patrick Dempsey, Queen Latifah, Jamie Foxx, George Lopez

And I'm a fan of romance comedy, not cheesy and entertains you at the same time.

The official trailer:


Here's for a bit of amusement on the same occasion,

Religious police in Saudi Arabia are cracking down on stores selling items that are red or in any other way allude to banned celebrations of Valentine's Day.

A Saudi official says policemen are inspecting shops for red roses, heart-shaped products or gifts wrapped in red, and ordering storeowners to get rid of them.

Such items are legal at other times of the year, but as February 14 nears they become contraband.

Saudi Arabia bans celebration of Western holidays such as Valentine's Day, named after a Christian saint said to have been martyred by the Romans in the 3rd Century.

Saudi has it's own way of dealing with this, but would it really stop people from celebrating it if there were not gifts to be gifted? I think not.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

This Saudi Arabia thing really caught my eye...how random? Can they stop people from buying gifts in January and giving them on Feb. 14?

I am addicted to American Idol too. Since season 3 or so. Love it!

Thanks so much for your kind comment on my blog. I appreciate it!